LiveApp Player Integrated Modules and Services
The ability to rapidly create, deploy, and modify custom solutions is made possible by the LiveApp Player’s "ready-to-deploy" modules, which include both runtime and build components.
The runtime components include user interfaces, administrative interfaces, business models and reports. The build components include control objects, GUI objects and their associated property inspectors.
The modules have been assembled and are represented as LiveXML documents. This allows the LiveApp Player modules to be customized for specific solutions if necessary. Additionally, each module includes an administrative screen for easy configuration of the module, as well as screens for end-user access to the application’s functionality.
The administrative screens for the Security feature, for example, let you set up and configure Users, Security Groups, and Roles. To change the application, simply use the screen interface to change Users or Roles.
Key LiveApp Player modules include:
- Document. This service controls the security for the session and ensures that the Users have the latest version of the Business Application Player and LiveXML Documents.
- Event. This service analyzes internal and external data to produce Events that can be used to trigger workflow tasks, automatic processing, business rule processing, payments and more.
- Transaction. This service is capable of processing high volumes of transactions and business rule processing.
- Presentation. This service renders the rich presentation specific to the device and deployment architecture.
- Scheduler. This service automates the running of common tasks such as batch jobs, Reports and Events.
- Business Object. This service facilitates the communication and integration from the Client Application to the Physical Data or Application Sources. It is also responsible for the execution of most of the business logic. In a three tiered architecture this is the business logic tier.
- Security. This service manages and controls security.
- Business Rules. This capability allows the user to create and process business rules.
- Reporting. This service allows for the seamless integration of a variety of reporting products and render of reports to the different deployment styles.
- Process and Workflow. This service allows the user to create workflows and manage an inbox of tasks.
- Auditing. This capability tracks all changes made to any business object in the solution unless it is turned off for a specific business object.
- Import and Export. This service allows for the importing and exporting of a variety of formats.
- Allowed Values. This capability manages lists of values that can be used to populate pick lists or drop down boxes.
- Distributed. This capability allows the user to set up and define different distributed processes that will be utilized by other services.
- Threshold. This capability allows the user to monitor and report throughput and threshold issues.
- Imaging. This capability allows images to be rendered and displayed from a variety of sources.
- Faxing. This capability manages, distributes and displays faxes.
- Memo. This capability allows the user to attach a memo to any business object.
- Email. This capability allows the user easily to set up and integrate with common email products.
- Help. This capability allows the user to integrate and display a variety of popular help formats.